Urbanization (or urbanisation) is the increase in the population of cities in proportion to the region's rural population
- The urban areas have become concrete jungle.
- Approximately 10% of the farmers provide for 90% of the population which is huge load on the farmers.
- Pollution is on the rise and affects global warming.
- Deforestation(the conversion of forested areas to non-forest land use such as arable land, pasture, urban use, logged area, or wasteland) takes place.
- Deforestation affects the amount of water in the soil and groundwater and the moisture in the atmosphere.
- Shrinking forest cover lessens the landscape's capacity to intercept, retain and transport precipitation. Instead of trapping precipitation, which then percolates to groundwater systems, deforested areas become sources of surface water runoff, which moves much faster than subsurface flows. That quicker transport of surface water can translate into flash flooding and more localized floods than would occur with the forest cover.